July 26, 2009

Thoughts, Updates, and Advice.

--I’m not a fan of the bus system. Too complicated.

--Never cross the street unless it is VERY clear in both directions. You will get hit otherwise.

--Do not confuse ombligo (belly button) and hormiga (ant). Especially when you are trying to explain that you found 100 ants in your closet this morning. It will cause mass confusion since they are trying to figure out how 100 belly buttons got there.

--I have classes at 8am Mon-Thurs. Yuck. But no classes on Friday:)

--When trying to open the house room, apparently is common to have to pull it back as you’re turning the key to unlock it. I did not know this and spent a good 5min trying to open the door while my brother sat inside, drinking lemonade, laughing at me.

--My last name went from McKibben to Mukibben to Muckibben to Mc Kibben. They only time it was ever right was when I sent in my application. After that, not so much.

--Never fall asleep while watching a move in the living room. You never know who is sneaking around the house with a camera.

--I have yet to sleep in past 8. I usually get anywhere from 4-7 hrs of sleep a night. And I’ve only taken ONE siesta. I’m a changed woman.

--I have perfected “the nod”. I know how and when to do it. It comes in handy when people are talking and you don’t have the slightest idea what’s going on. So you follow their movements and nod along. Works like a charm.

--I love coffee. I came to the right place.

--I still have bug bites from 2 weeks ago when I first arrived. And I keep getting news ones. Perfect.

--Classes start tomorrow. Oh. No.

--I have dressed in nice clothing (aka no gym shorts/tshirts—except for beach) for an entire 2 weeks now. Be impressed. I know I am.

Well, that’s all my randomness for now! I took pictures of the family and house. I will post them here soon.

3 comments:

marissa finch said...

i feel you on the 8am'ers...my body clock is forever changed...i literally can't sleep past 8am anymore even if i go to bed late!

ps: i truly hope you never wake up to 100 bellybuttons!

Dee said...

true story: pedestrian beware!

loved seeing your pictures on facebook. family looks wonderful! hope it stays that way :)

comprehension WILL get easier. no te miento :)

random note: the word verification today is "bigmac".....you craving anything?

Jen said...

Marfy--I'm open to change, but not changing my sleeping habits! Ggrr..I blame the sun. It goes down at 6 and comes up around 5. It's got me all messed up.

Mrs. Finch--There's actually a MacDonalds (as they call it) nearby. I believe they call the big mac "McNifico" or something along those lines. And yes, I am craving it:)